A COLLECTION OF PLACES, PEOPLE & OBJECTS...

Saturday 19 March 2011



Frustration, anger, confusion, amazement, absurdity, infatuation… are just a few words that spring to mind when I think of India. I spent four months travelling around the country and I haven’t stopped thinking about it since. I travelled up to Kashmir to stay on the Srinagar Lake, watched the border ceremony between Pakistan and India, drowned myself in Chai, rode camels through the Rasjathan deserts, witnessed the burning Ghats in Varanasi, attempted to find tigers, got love struck in Goa, drove through the Southern countryside on a Royal Enfield, had an epiphany at the Golden Temple, featured in a futuristic Bollywood film… And that doesn’t even touch the surface. As a family friend once said to me, “it’s a country where the past rides side by side with the present.” I couldn’t think of a better way to sum up the place I simply fell in love with.




No comments:

Post a Comment